Thursday, May 30, 2013

I'll get to my point, eventually....

There should be a song about one sock on and one sock off.
 I know there is a saying about Jon and his shoe.
Well, Jeff and his sock tried to take a nap
but the animals love him so much 
they had to keep him company.
Diddle Diddle Dumpling
One Socked Jeff.

 Sometimes, I have the most convuluted ways to go about things
but they make perfect sense to me in my head.
I had my eye on a simple and beautiful indigo quilt at Target
but it was too much money
(especially since I bought a big simple white quilt for our bed).
In that first picture at the foot of the bed
is a favorite old white quilt but it is too small
to fit and cover enough of the bed to my liking.
So I found some fabric dye for $4.
Smaller bottles are less.
I decided I'd dye the blanket.
And so I did.



It'll do.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

You are brave. The quilt turned out great.

PS. Naps are sometimes better with furry friends. We have an older cat who is absolutely in love with Chris. She follows him everywhere throughout the house and tries to sleep on him at all costs.